Wednesday, December 14, 2011

So tiny

Our neighbors have cousins who live on a farm. One of the cats there had a litter of kittens, then died when they were just a few days old. Days! So our neighbors took care of them for a couple of weeks, feeding and bathing them around the clock. When we heard about these kittens, we asked if our kids could come over and see them. Instead, they brought the whole litter to our house for a bottle feeding! It ended up being such a neat experience for my children, to witness the fragility of life and to help care for such helpless, tiny creatures. I have to admit, I was a little worried about their chances for survival, but when I asked after them a few weeks later, I heard they had returned to the farm, healthy and growing. I believe the kittens were a couple weeks old at the time.

Elizabeth holding a kitten



Matthew has always adored cats, which is no surprise since Brent and I are both cat lovers.




Emma loves animals of all kinds.











Rachel

No comments: