After the berry picking, we went to the Big Red Barn in Santaquin to enjoy their yummy, cold, FRESH apple juice and some apple cider donuts. We were hoping to pick apples, but they didn't have a pick-your-own option at the orchards there. When we got home, the weather was still so beautiful, that I decided to go for a run along the trail by our house. Elizabeth and Emma tagged along on their bikes.
The next day, we loaded up the kids, some food, and warm coats and drove up to the Uintah mountains. It was literally the end of the season there-- I think the road was set to close within a week or so. There was already snow in the shady areas. Even though it was cold, the scenery was breathtaking. We saw two moose right by the road, roasted hot dogs at a picnic area, visited Upper Provo River Falls and took an icy walk around Mirror Lake. I ended up having a respiratory infection that day that was making me miserable, plus I had no voice, which is a challenge as a mom! So Brent insisted I go into an instacare when we got back that evening, and I was glad I did so I could get started on antibiotics.
The last day of Fall Break, we tackled our List of Things to Do Around the House & Yard Before Winter. Brent did an amazing job and got so much done. Now I think we're ready for winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment