Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Matthew's Baptism (finally)











OK, so I realize I'm slipping further and further behind in my blog posts. But I still thought this would be great to share, especially with those of you who couldn't attend Matthew's baptism. It was the perfect day (other than my being deathly ill with bronchitis and pleurisy). Both sets of grandparents were there-- G&G Aaron came all the way from California-- as well as lots of other family and friends. Thanks to those of you who made the effort to come support Matthew on his special day! Grandpa Wilson gave a talk on baptism, and Grandma Aaron spoke on the Holy Ghost. All the Primary-age cousins sang a special musical number with Matthew-- "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". I first heard this song about 15 years ago (I don't remember where), and it was one of those songs that touched me so deeply that it never completely left me. Then I found it again about 6 years ago, and was delighted when it was selected as one of the songs for the 2008 Primary theme. I knew this was the perfect song to be sung at Matthew's baptism. As a bonus, the kids already knew it from singing it in Primary! It was absolutely amazing to listen to. You had to be there!


Afterwards, we had a brunch at our house with everyone, which was great. Later that afternoon, we went bowling and for dinner at Brick Oven. I am so pleased with Matthew and how his faith and testimony have grown.








No comments: