Ballroom
Elizabeth got to participate in the Alpine Team Match at Timpview with her elementary ballroom team. It's pretty amazing how well these kids are performing at such young ages (4th-6th graders)! I love that it helps them overcome the "boys/girls have cooties" stage while learning how to be ladies and gentlemen, as well as how to dance-- an important social skill for when they're a bit older! Elizabeth was pretty nervous, but did beautifully. The hair flowers and numbers identify the couples for the judges.
Elizabeth is the one looking back
The highlight was when her school won the coveted Spirit Award (here they're all mobbing the giant trophy).
My beautiful Elizabeth with her silver ribbon
My Birthday-- January 23
Brent was in San Diego for work that week, but managed to arrive home at about 6:00 PM, right in time for my birthday dinner. Rather than have him stop at the store to pick up something for dinner, I decided to recruit my girls to help me make some of my favorites. There aren't any pictures, but we made Chicken Burritos with Chili Lime Salsa (my favorite recipe from the Food Nanny) and Moist Chocolate Cake (which reminds me of Magleby's cake-- YUM!).
For lunch, my parents, Brent and Mindy, and Jenny came over for lunch with food from Kneader's. We've decided that with all the little ones, it's easier to pick up food and eat it at someone's house so we don't feel stressed or rushed taking the kids to a restaurant. That way, we can sit and talk as long as we like (well, at least until naptime. :o)
Unfortunately, the best picture from my birthday came out fuzzy! Aaargh! I wish I were better with the settings on this camera. One of the kids was taking the pictures.
Brent felt bad about missing most of my birthday, so that weekend he took me out for dinner and spoiled me shopping for new boots and clothes. I was one happy birthday girl!
5 Days Later...Brent's Birthday! (January 28)
Brent got lots of goodies and movies for his birthday, as well as some new grill tools and a tie.
Emma took lots of pictures this time.
The movie "So I Married an Axe Murderer" is a classic for Brent's family. Unfortunately, it does need to be edited. So we were both excited to finally get it on DVD so our ClearPlay can do the editing! He also got the Dark Knight trilogy, Fiddler on the Roof, and Strictly Ballroom, another fun favorite of ours.
Joshua
I love how intently Joshua is "reading" this book. He's definitely ready for preschool!
There's my cute boy! He adores the cat lately and loves to follow him around.
No comments:
Post a Comment