Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Elizabeth's Baptism

Elizabeth is growing up WAY too fast! I can't believe she is already 8! For a fun flashback, I thought I'd include a few pictures of her when she was younger (sorry I don't have any baby pictures-- that was back before our digital camera days).

















Elizabeth was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on March 5. She was so excited for this special day and was well prepared. It turned out to be a perfect day. Lost of family were there to share this day with us, which made it even more special: Lisa & Steve and family, my parents, Dave & Ana and family, Brent & Mindy, Jenny & Bill and family, and my brother Chris. Elizabeth's friend Katelyn from our ward was also getting baptized that day. Brent got to perform the baptism, and also gave a talk on baptism. I was able to play the cello in a duet with Katelyn's mom on the violin and my sister Jenny on the paino, "I Feel My Savior's Love". Afterwards we took pictures and headed over to our house, where we had a yummy lunch and desserts.



I hope Elizabeth will always remember this special day and warm, pure, happy feelings she felt.


The families (except for Chris and Jenny & Bill) in a group shot



Our family: Rachel, Elizabeth, Matthew, Emma, Sarah holding Joshua, Brent



Elizabeth with her proud parents






Dressed in white for the baptism



Below are some of the pictures I took of Elizabeth in her new baptism dress (thank you, Costco!) on the Mt. Timpanogos temple grounds on a freezing cold February day. I think it was something like 36 degrees outside! I snapped pictures as quickly as I could while Elizabeth shivered through her smiles. She was such a good sport about it. I didn't make baptism announcements, but these were her "offical" baptism pictures.


















Elizabeth's aunt Mindy works at a bakery, and she decorated this sweet ice cream cake in her honor. It really stole the show at the lunch we had afterwards, and also meant so much to Elizabeth. She also received a beautiful bracelet, necklace and pink CTR ring.




No comments: