
Joshua, our little monkey, enjoyed Halloween as long as he could take off the hood of his costume. He did great out trick-or-treating in the cold and rain. The only rain we had all weekend was a huge downpour right in the middle of trick-or-treating! We braved the rain for a few houses, came home and watched classic Halloween cartoons while we dried off, then tried again once the rain had let up. Poor Rachel spilled hot chocolate down her neck that was really hot! She was okay after a few bites of a donut. By then, it was getting pretty cold, so the girls returned home after about 15 houses. Matthew stuck it out for another 15 houses, then gave about two thirds of his candy to the girls when he got home.



Elizabeth in her Pippi Longstocking costume. Her teacher (who also dressed up as Pippi) is reading aloud the book at school, and Elizabeth was so excited when she saw the wig on the cover of Family Fun. It was a little tricky to make, but the hardest part was getting it to fit--and stay--on her head!

Matthew as a knight

Emma as Tinkerbell

Rachel was thrilled to be a princess.

The three school-aged kids before going to the school Halloween parade on Friday.

Matthew spent at least 4 hours on this Utah environment diorama. It was due two days after the pinewood derby and one day before his costume needed to be ready for the Halloween parade at school. Whew! What a week of projects!

Who can resist such adorableness?

Throw the Scout Pinewood Derby into the middle of Halloween preparations and a million other things, and I am relieved to say that the last week is over (successfully). Matthew named his car "The Cyclops" and had fun with it.

I think that Matthew looks so much like his dad as a kid in this picture.

Matthew has amazing creativity when it comes to Legos. Last Sunday, he built a Lego temple, and later a flower garden and fountain to go with it!
Elizabeth and Emma on Spirit Day at school

Utah has incredible sunsets sometimes!

Elizabeth and Emma in their new coats for fall

Cat on a post (Prince Phillip-- probably keeping an eye on the neighbor's cats)

Joshua at Hee Haw's

Emma, Elizabeth, Joshua, Matthew, Rachel
This video is of Joshua rocking to Thriller while the girls dance. It is so cute to watch him get into music and "dance."
3 comments:
Love the costumes! Lindholms' Rachel dressed up as a Pippi also. The girls are quite the dancers and little Joshua is fun to watch as well. Your sunset picture looks a lot like the one I took a few days ago as well. I can't believe how fast your family is growing up. We miss you guys.
Your kids are so cute! I wish I could see them! I think Kyle and Matthew would have a ball playing legos together. Kyle just built a football stadium (with a press box!) out of legos. Our game room was literally filled with legos to the point that I couldn't walk in without stepping on one. I made him clean it up on Saturday, but I know it won't last long! Love you guys!!!
Your kids are so darling! Love the costumes. I was thinking about you the other day and how much fun we had singing together when we were roommates. What fun times! And, so fun that we are still in touch. It's so fun to have friends that you 'grow' with. Hope all is going well, Sarah!
Post a Comment